There are many different ways in which to find yourself with a bad credit rating, and this bad rating can affect your life substantially as you try to buy things using finance or credit.
Understanding how your credit history is compiled will help you to avoid situations which may result in you finding yourself with a negative (or worse) credit score. There are a few simple things that you can do to ensure that you keep your future credit history clean:
1. Pay your bills on time. Avoid making late payments on any outstanding debts.
2. Do not miss payments or default on your debt. This includes your council tax.
3. Try to pay your credit card bills off in full at the end of the month.
4. Where possible, do not change your address or job too frequently. This too can affect your credit rating.
5. Make sure you fulfill financial contracts or commitments. Failure to do so may be reported to credit reference agencies.
6. If you have defaulted on any of your repayments or obligations via credit, clean these up immediately, honoring any repayment schedules. Cleaning up your credit history will make for a better credit future.
7. AVOID BANKRUPTCY.
You do not have to face your money troubles alone.
For a free consultation, free impartial advice, or just to speak to somebody about your money concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of our advisers on: 0151-203-2737.